Barbie: A Fashion Fairytale
When I was little, I only had one Barbie and she was one of my most treasured toys. Somehow my 5 year old has accumulated about eight Barbie dolls and always wants more. Thanks to the local library, she also discovered Barbie movies! Needless to say, when I got a chance at a review copy of the new Barbie movie on DVD, Barbie-A Fashion Fairytale, I jumped at it. Somehow, she also realized we got it before you could buy it in stores!
It was of course her family movie night selection. The appeal to her from the ads was that it is set in Paris. Yes, a trip to Paris is top of her wish list! Scenes of Paris are in short supply in the movie though. The only other downside from a 5 year old perspective is the 'Barbie and Ken break up' storyline. (Although the movie is targeted for children ages 7 and up). On the positives, she really liked the Flairies and the dog Sequin. In terms of the storyline, I liked this movie better than some as it has a theme of believing in yourself to make your dreams come true. From the 5 year old perspective, she watched parts of it all through the weekend,
*I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample of the product for review purposes as part of the MomSelect Review Program. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Following you back! Thanks:)
Post a Comment